Sunday, April 14, 2013

Basement Decorating (Guest Bedroom/Bathroom)

Last summer, we finished our basement.  I love the way it turned out.  As part of the finish, we added a guest bedroom and a full bathroom.  While upstairs is minimally decorated, I'd like to get these to spaces at least barely decorated.

Here's the bedroom.  You can see other than the objects necessary to make a guest bedroom, there are no decorations.

Bed - Please ignore the fact that it's not really on a frame.

Window, bookcase, table/desk.  
I do have plans for the window curtains.  I bought some gray linen and plan to do some white sashinko at the bottom one day.


Not sure if that table is going to stay in this room yet.  Anyway, as you can see, this room is pathetically bare.  I've want to make a quilt and pillows and add pretty art work.  To start, I'm working on a shower curtain to go in the quest bathroom.  I'm using the patchwork shower curtain pattern from Stitch in Color featured in Stitch, Summer 2012.  Here it is on my design wall.  


Patchwork Shower Curtain Strips
I picked gray, yellow, silver/white, and turquoise for the colors.  I have a neutral linen to for the rest. Hope to start sewing it tomorrow.  I'm a bit nervous as my piecing isn't super accurate yet and I had trouble cutting it.  As you can see below, a shower curtain is definitely needed.


Guest Bathroom
But before I can begin sewing, I need to tackle this:  This is what happens when I start a project right before a big maintenance outage at work.  Total chaos.  I am weird and I have to have everything neat and tidy before I can work.  I swear all I do is organize my space.  I try to be good about putting things away each time so I don't have a huge mess to take care of when I want to work, but it doesn't always work out that way.  I'm still working on figuring out storage solutions.  When it's neat and tidy again, I'll take another photo.  I also need to decorate it!  (Noticing a theme?)


On a side note, here's some embroidery that I started back in February.  I worked on it steadily before I became too tired after work and haven't gotten back to it yet.  I printed off shots of a music video (it's Cold Hand Warm Hearts by Brandon Benson) and traced them with my light box, which is awesome.  I tried to start this using the iPad screen, but even through fabric, the touch screen got in the way.  I'll explain it when it's done.



Hope to post soon with progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment